Thursday, December 3, 2009

Review: Preston's Pants



Diaper:  Preston's Pants - Pricing varys on the diaper you get.  She offers diapers anywhere from $20.95 - $37.00.  Pricing depends on the style, fabrics, and if you get embroidery. 
Type:  She has several styles. Some are fitteds in Small, Medium, Medium Long, Skinny Large, and Large.  Others are OS.  She also carries Wool Covers.
Materials:  Her diapers vary in materials.  You will want to check out her website for details on what kind of diaper works for you.  I got a PUL outer layer OS pocket diaper, the inner was a printed micro-fleece, and it came with 2 inserts (1 microfiber and 1 hemp).  The elastic in her diapers is Lastin so it is a latex free elastic in the leg casing.
Fit:  7 - 35 + lbs.
How it works:  Preston's Pants are a WHAM snap on fitted or OS pocket diapers.  She has many fabrics and styles.  You just have to check out her website to familiarize yourself with all of the options.  :)


Thoughts from Amanda:

Aesthetics -  Really there is so much variety here that you can't go wrong.  You would be hard pressed to not find a diaper that at Preston's Pockets if you're looking for a wide range of colors, patterns, fabrics, and so on.  The snaps on my diaper (Trains!) were in a contrasting color from the outer PUL.  On my diaper the PUL is a deep blue and the snaps are brown.  The inner liner is a micro-fleece with a train print on it.  I LOVE IT!!!  I know...some of you are thinking...what's the point of having a print inside of the diaper.  You can't see it!  Well to those of you thinking that...I say it is the undergarment mentality.  No one may see my bra, but I know it makes me feel good because it's pretty.  :)  Usually my son is wearing pants over his diapers, but that doesn't mean I don't like to know there is a cutie patootie print there!  



Functionality - These diapers work well with the inserts that are included with them.  The microfiber/hemp combo absorbs well and my son was able to go 2 1/2 hours with this diaper on.  Keep in mind he is a SUPER SOAKER!!!  lol  2 1/2 hours is great for him.  Be sure to prep the hemp though, and to wash it separately from your other diapers to make sure any natural oils are washed out and don't get on your other dipes.  The snaps are in good placement so I can get a nice and secure fit on my son, and the rise on the diaper is of a good height as well.  The micro-fleece inside is of good quality and extremely soft against baby's skin.  It does a fair job of wicking away moisture, but not as great as suedecloth.  (I find that to be the case most times though.)  The Lastin in the leg casings is a nice touch if your child has a latex allergy; however, I find the width to be very thin and I worry that it could be uncomfortable on my sons thighs.  He doesn't have red marks though and doesn't complain so maybe it's just me.  :)  I see the leg Lastin as a potential issue down the road though if his thighs get larger.

Durability -  Great quality.  This diaper has held up well to washing and a turn in the dryer to seal the PUL around the snaps.  We are really enjoying this diaper.  I hope you'll take a chance to check out Preston's Pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment